The Chaturbhuj Temple (also known as Jatkari Temple) is situated south of Khajuraho, about 650m south-west of Jatkari village not far from the airport. By far the best time to visit is around 4:30pm, for reasons that will become very clear shortly !
The Duladeo temple, also called Kunwar Math, is located 700m south-west of the cluster of Jain Temples, near the Khudar rivulet. This is believed to be the last of the great temples of Khajuraho, built around 1130 A.D. during the reign of the Chandella king Madanavarman.
The Shantinatha Temple is the main site of Jain worship at Khajuraho, and together with Adinatha and Parshvanatha forms a cluster of Jain temples that are part of the eastern group.
Built around 960 A.D. during the reign of the Chandela king Dhanga and originally dedicated to Adinatha, Parshvanatha Temple is one of the finest monuments of Khajuraho.
Dated to the late 11th century A.D, the Adinatha Temple is one of a cluster of three Jain temples considered part of the eastern group at Khajuraho.
Dated to around 995 A.D. during the reign of the Chandela king Dhanga, this Jain temple is named after ‘Ghanta’ (meaning ‘bell’), as many of the pillars are carved with hanging bell motifs.
Dedicated to Vishnu and built 1075 – 1100 A.D, the Javari Temple is situated 200m south of the Vamana Temple surrounded by fields, trees and grazing cattle.
Just 200m north-east beyond the so-called Brahma Temple, this temple is dedicated to Vamana, the fifth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. This is the first incarnation where Vishnu came in a full human form, as a dwarf Brahmin.